Competitor Games

We are the Competition

[Important] Please Read

For the Scrolls of Reshar campaign setting by Golden-Esque

Moderator: Golden-Esque

[Important] Please Read

Postby Golden-Esque » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:09 am

Hello and welcome to the Scrolls of Reshar. I'll be your host on this wonderful this tour through the mayhem that is this rehash of the martial maneuver system. For those of you who don't know me ... that's okay. I'm no one. I'm more looking forward to meeting you. Trust me on that.

Anyway, where to begin? I suppose I could just jump right into it, huh? The Scrolls of Reshar was originally designed to transfer the Martial Ability system from the Tome of Battle to Pathfinder, my favored system. However, as time went on, it started to grow into a mechanics system of my own as I found little things in both 3.5 and Pathfinder I didn't quite like. As a DM, we have the right to change these things, and so I did! :)

Here's the cut-and-dry basics of things around here. You're going to see fluff that pertains to my campaign setting. That's fine. You can forget about it if you want. Your call; I won't flay you alive, I promise! Can't speak for Gobbs though. Anyway, everything in this subforum is going to be written for Pathfinder. As many of you know, Pathfinder is completely backwards compatible with 3.5, but you'll get the most out of the design if you use Pathfinder.

I'm also going to provide you with a handy-dandy link to my Dump Bucket website; it's just a private website that I store the PDFs I make of my disciplines and rules on increase I need to use them while I'm travelling. There is one thing I need to point out, and pay attention kiddies, this stuff is IMPORTANT. The formatting on the Dump Bucket is going to be different then what you see here on Competitor. Not only aesthetically, but in games mechanics. The biggest change is the use of the check system that a friend and I developed. The idea is that Saves are a passive number (like Armor Class or Combat Maneuver Defense) and abilities that go against them make a "martial check" or a "spell check" or a "power check." Fundamentally, it's the same thing and the two systems are also backwards compatible. You'll get the Pathfinder version here as I edit the system over, but you're gonnna see the Check system on dump bucket. Be warned.

Well, I think that's all I have to say about that. Now comes the fun part where I add everything up and play with formatting and stuff. Yay? You're more then welcome to start looking at the PDFs if you like, or you can wait until they're posted here. Stuff I work on is always going to be on Dump Backet first, just as a heads-up.

Thanks for your time,

Golden-Esque and Gobb, the Dump Bucket Goblin
"You're waiting for a train. A train that will take you far away. You know where you hope the train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter because we'll be together."

Hombrew:
Golden Esque's PDF Dump
Golden-Esque

Return to Scrolls of Reshar