Competitor Games

We are the Competition

Currently Working On:

For the d20 Rebirth system, headed by Fax Celestis

Moderator: Fax

Currently Working On:

Postby Fax » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:10 pm

Currently working on, in order of priority:
  1. Porting material from GitP to Competitor (Races and Classes done, still need to finish Feats)
  2. Rogue exploits (need to populate higher levels)
  3. Skills (change skill system: current set up is kind of wonky; 4 levels of training is fine, but roll mechanics need alteration)
  4. Alter existing classes to use 10+HV+Mod for all save DCs.
  5. Unify companion rules (familiars, animal companions, psicrystals, etc. should all use the same basic mechanics)
  6. Style feats (Archery, TWF, THF, daggers, mounted, spears/phalanx, agility, dirty fighting, wands/UMD, animal companion)
  7. Dragons in a style similar to the cataclysm.
  8. Other investing feats
  9. Alter +2/-2 races to be just +2; alter +2/+2/-2/-2 races to be +2/+2/-2.
  10. Classes (Wizard, Barbarian, Psion, Wilder, Psychic Warrior)
  11. Non-investing feats
  12. Fix Radiant Pyrearch (HV boosts need to be smaller on a global scale: most are fixed, this one is not)
  13. Prestige Classes (Arcane Archer, Arcane Trickster, Archmage, Dragon Descendant, Duelist, Eldritch Knight, Hierophant, Horizon Walker, Loremaster, Shadowdancer, Shadowrought Assassin, Stolid Defender, Thaumaturgist)
  14. WBL and an 'evolving magic item' mechanic
  15. May Get Tabled: Sorceror/Bladeweaver (massive editing needed still)
  16. May Get Tabled: Cartomancer (switch from skill-based casting to recharge-casting-like mechanic casting using a hand-preparation mechanism)
  17. Tabled: Bard tinkers (bardic music as written is either terribad or lolbroken; fix this)
  18. Miscellaneous: Whatever else I've missed
Deliberately Limited Masterful Mastermind
Fax
Site Admin

Re: Currently Working On:

Postby NekoIncardine » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:32 pm

Lessee...

#2: http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?t ... ifferences

#5: Archery is partially developed, but needs a fleshout

#7: I like this idea immensely - simplicity GOOD.

#9: May I suggest looking at Mongoose's Encyclopedia Arcane: Familiars for ideas? If we're going to unify the animal companion rules, I personally feel that we should use the chance to create slightly deeper rules than have been traditional in 3.5 - a familiar is part of customization, too.

#10: This. Oh god this.

#13: Perhaps, in terms of magic item supply, the entire WBL mechanic should be replaced with something akin to the Auspice prototype I was writing a while back? That is, you have a capacity to use 'X' magic items at full efficiency at this level (preferably with a rule for allowing players to change them out, but not trivially). Your character's wealth outside of magic items becomes a little more fluff-ish then - things like quality of accomodations you can afford. This could friendly to playing characters in the Slayers archetype of being horrifically financially irresponsible without the side effect of nerfing them.

#14: Dunno on Bladeweaver, but the idea of Sorcerer is awesome and I so want to see it brought to fruition. Possibly, like the Trickster prototype, swapping to a spell-point system (yes, I know Psionics are the point-based, but it's a good way to work things IMO) would help?

#16: I have an idea or two on Bardic Music, basically centered around the theme of 'layering' - that is, that they can play 'X' layers of music at once through skill with their instrument of choice, each layer providing an effect akin to a Warlord Aura (but weaker???) - the difference between BM and Warlord Auras being that Bards can do less while running their music, possibly with one of their 'layers' being a spellcasting layer so that they can fit spells into their music.
NekoIncardine

Postby MammonAzrael » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:23 pm

Regarding the Bladeweaver and Sorceror, I have taken a swing at both classes, as well as Spellweaving (though I am hesitant to post them without Fax's approval first). I'm sure they'll still need some tuning, but I think they are both possibly playable now.
MammonAzrael

Postby Fax » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:43 pm

Yeah, actually, I've been going over those. The IRC is messing with them to see what they're capable of.
Deliberately Limited Masterful Mastermind
Fax
Site Admin

Return to d20 Rebirth