Competitor Games

We are the Competition

The Food Thread

All non-homebrew discussion goes here.

The Food Thread

Postby Xefas » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:41 pm

There aren't a lot of General Discussions Threads, so I thought I'd start one. And what's more universal than food? Favorite foods, least favorite foods, interesting foods, food stories, recipes, questions, anything food related.

My favorite food is probably this one dish that my great grandpa used to make (that I eventually learned how), which involves flouring and then braising chicken breasts in onions, white wine, and three-six kinds of olives (depending on whatever you have on hand). Typically served on pasta.

Some honorable mentions go to chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes, yellow chicken curry, oysters on the half shell, and of course, the contents of this plate:
(That's sea urchin in one, salmon roe in the other, both topped with raw quail eggs.)

My least favorite food is probably liver. I've had some really good tasting liver, but the texture just makes me gag (unfortunately).
Roleplaying Games I Like
Xefas

Re: The Food Thread

Postby DragoonWraith » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:54 pm

A good blackened white-meat fish of some sort (e.g. catfish or swordfish but not salmon) is a very quick way to make me very happy.

A neighborhood Japanese restaurant has a dish called "Asian Rock Shrimp Tempura" which is shrimp tempura (shocking, I know) with what they call a "Thai chili sauce" - I don't know exactly what that is, but is one of my absolute favoritest things to put in my mouth.

Also, a sandwich I've been known to order at any place that seems to have the ingredients, regardless of its presence on the menu: grilled chicken, jalapenos, and pepperjack cheese. It is most excellent. Bonus points if the chicken is also blackened or Cajun-spiced (which seem to be different things despite "blackening" being a Cajun preparation, to the best of my knowledge).

I'm a very big fan of spicy/savory foods, and few things will more easily make anything excellent than fresh-ground black pepper.
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion