Competitor Games

We are the Competition

Welcome to Competitor Games! Come say hi!

All non-homebrew discussion goes here.

Welcome to Competitor Games! Come say hi!

Postby DragoonWraith » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi everyone,

This thread is for welcoming and greetings, so introduce yourselves!

I'm DW; I'll be doing a lot of the technical background work on the forum, and I'll also be doing some homebrewing of my own. Some of you may know me from Giant in the Playground, where I'd done some pretty decent work, if I do say so myself. I really hope to see a lot of the folks from there signing up here, for our more focused forum!
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to Competitor Games! Come say hi!

Postby Merk » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:42 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm Merk. I love making and playing homebrew and spend a lot of time jotting down random ideas. Sometimes I post it on the GitP forums, and now here I guess. Hope to make some good contributions.
Merk

Postby Justice » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:20 pm

I'm Justice. I know Fax away from keyboard/from bvs. I'll be losing a lot of time reading all this stuff, so preemptive damn you all.
Justice

Postby IcarusWings » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:36 pm

I'm IcarusWings, I do a bit of homebrew, and closely follow Fax's d20r stuff on giantitp
IcarusWings

Postby TheTygre » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm The Tygre.

I've come for your women and your land.
Fiat Justitia Ruat Caelum
Let Justice Be Done Though Heaven May Fall
TheTygre

Postby DragoonWraith » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:26 pm

Glad to see everybody! Make sure to check out the Technical Differences thread for advice on porting stuff from GitP to here!
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
Site Admin

Postby Zaydos » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:17 am

Hey, I'm Zaydos and I'm normally on GiantITP (actually recognize several of the names from its homebrew forums).

Busy now so not producing much homebrew but I look forward to seeing all the work here.
Zaydos

Postby Morty » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:51 am

Morty here. I've done some homebrew that I posted in GiantITP, but my biggest homebrew project is my homebrew system. I hope that I'll find help and inspiration here that'll allow me to make it workable.
Morty

Postby Fax » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:21 am

Morty wrote:Morty here. I've done some homebrew that I posted in GiantITP, but my biggest homebrew project is my homebrew system. I hope that I'll find help and inspiration here that'll allow me to make it workable.

For larger projects, we are amenable to setting aside a subforum (like you can see with the d20 Rebirth and MechCombat subforums) if you like.
Deliberately Limited Masterful Mastermind
Fax
Site Admin

Postby damerdar » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:40 am

Hey everyone. I'm Damerdar. I love most all d20-ish systems, but mainly Pathfinder, and I love homebrewing, but I'm quite new at it.
damerdar

Postby Morty » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:09 pm

Fax wrote:
Morty wrote:Morty here. I've done some homebrew that I posted in GiantITP, but my biggest homebrew project is my homebrew system. I hope that I'll find help and inspiration here that'll allow me to make it workable.

For larger projects, we are amenable to setting aside a subforum (like you can see with the d20 Rebirth and MechCombat subforums) if you like.

I'd like that, but I think it should wait until my system (hopefully) grows enough to require seveal threads.
Morty

Postby Edge » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:48 pm

Hey all. Edge here. I go by the same name on GiTP.

I like homebrewing stuff up, usually Tome of Battle stuff. I'm here because one can never get enough critique on one's homebrew, and because I'm a great admirer of Fax's and Dragoon's own work.

So, see you around the site, I guess. :)
"Some say that he knows only two facts about ducks, and both of them are wrong. And that, recently, he developed an unreasoning hatred of Rubens Barrichello... All we know is, he's called the Stig."
Edge

Postby Fafnir » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:48 pm

Yo, I'm Fafnir. Long time lurker on GitP, and sometimes poster under the alias of Dicemaster. I'm a perfectionist who never gets anything done and a proud wielder of Occam's razor. Long time player of 3.5, constantly fascinated by 4E's homebrewing potential. Trying to get back into the DMing loop after a real-life induced hiatus. I'll let you know the results.
Fafnir

Postby Fax » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:50 pm

Fafnir wrote:Occam's razor

Not Occam's daiklaive? "Whatever is most awesome is most likely to be true."
Deliberately Limited Masterful Mastermind
Fax
Site Admin

Postby Lokyar » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Greetings and hello. Lokyar here. Depending on what site Im on I'm also known by Lokyar, Lokyar, and on occasion Aximus Lokar. Devoted DnD 4e player/DM(and recovered 3.5 player ;) ) and have dabbled in at least two dozen 'official' systems.

Havent done much with wholy homebrew systems, though my players can attest to me whipping up new rules and mechanics to suit the situation(usually ahead of time, I hate random 'No that wont work because of X that I just made up' DMing style) and my setting is always homebrew because Id rather tell a story in my world than someone else's.

Ive a sharp eye for mechanics, combos, and loopholes so hopefully I can help others prevent people like Younger Me from bending their game over and calling it Nancy :)
Lokyar

Postby DragoonWraith » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:34 pm

It's great to see so many people signing up! Hope everyone has fun!
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
Site Admin

Postby Peacenlove » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:27 am

Peacenlove here, all time lurker and occasionally creator of material for shadowcasters. Got some projects in GitP forum gonna import them here when i got time.

Signed in because its nice to have approved homebrew from widely known publishers, that's what it keeps the spirit of 3.5 alive.

Just a question however, i recently updated my work to the pathfinder rule system, is it accepted here?
Peacenlove

Postby DragoonWraith » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:09 am

Yup, we don't turn away any homebrew for any system. Right now almost everything is 3.5 because of where we all come from, but there's already some Pathfinder stuff, and I know some people have some 4e stuff planned... but really, we support homebrew for anything!
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
Site Admin

Postby Milskidasith » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:23 am

I'm Milskidasith.

I am here to criticize your homebrew. That's... about it?
Milskidasith

Postby DragoonWraith » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:43 am

And I, for one, am thrilled to have you do just that.
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
Site Admin

Postby WhiteShark » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:52 pm

WhiteShark here. GiantITP lurker, just started homebrewing with my Gunslinger class.
WhiteShark

Postby Lord_Gareth » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:12 am

Lord_Gareth, will be porting over my Harrowed and its assorted cultists shortly.
"There is no 'I' in 'Team', but there is a 'We' in 'Weapon'."
Lord_Gareth

Postby satyrus » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:50 pm

Hello satyrus here I've homebrewed a few 3.5 classes and would like to expand out to other style of homebrew including a campaign setting eventually but for now I'll try and get some of my previous classes up for people to poke holes in so they can be updated and such.

And holy bajeebus so many tags to choose from!!!! :o
satyrus

Postby Draco Dei » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:55 pm

Draco Dei... I do a bit of everything, but especially monsters. The biggest (Only?) bit of homebrew you will see from me that isn't/won't be on GitP, would be THIS.

Speaking of things that are harder on GitP (although not impossible in this case... I just need to get my guts and writing skills up one of these days...), let me mention for posterity (since I already made a separate thread on the subject, but that might get buried deeper than this one does... if you are a psychological professional, you need to PM me when you read this. I have a gift for you that could make the world an infinitesimally better place.
Last edited by Draco Dei on Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draco Dei

Postby Golden-Esque » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:43 pm

Huh, I completely missed this thread when I signed up. Better late then never I always say. Golden-Esque is my user name and homebrew is my game. My favorite topics are martial maneuvers, but I also do class design (mostly Prestige Class). My system of choice is the Pathfinder system, though I also do some conversions into the 3.5 system because it's fun ^_~. My big project right now is the Scrolls of Reshar; a Pathfinder-Esque (heh) update of the Tome of Battle. I'll be looking forward to seeing you in the Scrolls of Reshar subforum!
"You're waiting for a train. A train that will take you far away. You know where you hope the train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter because we'll be together."

Hombrew:
Golden Esque's PDF Dump
Golden-Esque

Postby Milskidasith » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:56 pm

And I've been banned from Gitp. Which is weird, since I was sitting at 400 infraction points for two weeks; I figured they had somehow missed it.
Milskidasith

Postby DragoonWraith » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:31 pm

Well, you're welcome here. I hope to see you in the IRC, too. We can rant about GitP together.
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
Site Admin

Postby Heliomance » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:09 am

Hey all. Same user here as on Giant, I'll mostly be working on my Mythos campaign setting.
Heliomance

Postby DragoonWraith » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:51 am

If you want a sub-forum for that, let Fax or me know!
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
Site Admin

Postby Proven Paradox » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:44 pm

Missed this earlier. Hello all, I'm Proven Paradox. Dox for short. I'll be confined to critic for a while; my actual homebrewing muscle is going to a project that won't see the light of day for a while yet.
Proven Paradox

Postby Siosilvar » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Siosilvar. I'm me.

Done a bit of homebrewing (as of right now, 13 levels of PrCs, 6 feats, an item, a whole bunch of ideas, and a mechanic of questionable value). Also part-time DM and player for both 1e AD&D and 3.5e D&D.

I run between too many projects for my own good and never seem to get anywhere on any of them. Meh.
Siosilvar

Postby DragoonWraith » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:24 pm

Glad to have you here, hope you'll bring over some of your work!
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
Site Admin

Postby Kallisti » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:46 pm

Hello. I'm Kallisti. I don't homebrew very often, but I use homebrew in my games regularly and signed up to show my support for the homebrewers here and get the chance to comment on some of the stuff.
Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord? The world is stranger than you think...
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot.--Neil Gaiman, Sandman
Kallisti

Postby DragoonWraith » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:35 am

\o/ Glad to have you, Kallisti.
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
Site Admin

Postby UniversalTank » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:25 am

Hey, I'm UniversalTank, because that's always my job. It usually goes... "Okay, who's the tank? Oh, <my name here> is here, he'll tank. Dude, roll a fighter." Didn't see this thread when I first made my account, but better late than never eh?

Anyway, I posted a little on GitP under KainStormhold. A variation of my college roommate's Myrmidon class, fire emblem style. I've been kicking around the idea of doing the rest of the classes from FE because some friends back home want to play a game based on it. That might pop up here, depends on if I get to it. Not sure what system to use, probably either 3.5 or Anima.

I look forward to seeing what people come up with and contributing if I can. See ya.
Stories are like artillery fire. Loud, indirect, and often off target. - Me

"I'm gonna monkey jump up there, and monkey kick his ass!" - Garidus Kerben, Dawn Caste, on action to be taken against a prison warden holding him captive.
UniversalTank

Postby DragoonWraith » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi, LM! When/if you want your own forum for Starlight, just let me (or Fax) know and I (or Fax) will set that up for you!
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
Site Admin

Postby Djinn_in_Tonic » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:20 am

Djinn_in_Tonic here. Most of you already know me to some extent, I think. Either way, I love what I've read about Competitor, and figured I'd lend what support I can by showing up here and...well...homebrewing. Obviously. I guess, to a lesser extent, I'll also volunteer myself if you guys find yourself in need of a graphic designer at any point in the future, as Competitor sounds like something I'd love to be involved in if the opportunity ever were to present itself.

Either way, best of luck with this endeavor. The homebrew community needs something like this, and it's nice to know it's in good hands.
Djinn_in_Tonic

Postby DragoonWraith » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:41 am

Hey Djinn! Very, very happy to have you here! I recently came across your Alchemical Items That Are Worth It thread on GitP (I'm making an Alcheficer), and I love them; the adding Craft (Alchemy) ranks to them was brilliant. Anyway, would love the opportunity to comment on some of the stuff I've missed since being banned on GitP.
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
Site Admin

Postby Xefas » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Hey. This place seems pretty cool, if slightly less active than the Giant boards. But Competitor does have one thing it never will. *inhale*

Fuck.

Ah. Ah, that feels good. Anyway, I hope to discuss plenty of game design with you all in the future. :)
Roleplaying Games I Like
Xefas

Postby Siosilvar » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Xefas wrote:...one thing it never will.

You obviously haven't written and drawn a brilliant 150-page fantasy epic. ;)

Not that I have, either, but hey...
Siosilvar

Next

Return to General Discussion