Competitor Games

We are the Competition

Homebrew organization

Any questions or suggestions that you may have for this forum may be posted here. Also, notices regarding technical issues (downtime for upgrades, discussions on updates, etc.) will be found here.

Homebrew organization

Postby Merk » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:34 pm

A feature I would be interested in seeing would be something that allows a user to quickly search the homebrew forum for a specific type of brew. Some sorting criteria:

System: 3.5 D&D, Pathfinder, d20r, etc.

Type of Homebrew: Base Class, Martial Discipline, Items, etc.

This could be as simple as just starting a thread and indexing things manually, but maybe there's some fancy hi-tech way to do it.
Merk

Re: Homebrew organization

Postby Fax » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:10 am

Well, there is the search function in the upper right. But on top of that, prefacing your homebrew with the system and function of the item should be the most expedient way.
Deliberately Limited Masterful Mastermind
Fax
Site Admin

Postby DragoonWraith » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:44 am

I spent some time looking for a way to 'tag' threads like that; didn't find anything. It's a good idea, though; I'll keep looking. I feel like the topic titles are getting a little cluttered...
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
Site Admin

Postby Golden-Esque » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:04 pm

For now, you could do a "From the Playground" like thread in the base d20 forums. I think the subforums can moderate themselves for a compendium (I know I can in the Scrolls of Reshar ^_^).
"You're waiting for a train. A train that will take you far away. You know where you hope the train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter because we'll be together."

Hombrew:
Golden Esque's PDF Dump
Golden-Esque

Postby Fax » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:28 pm

Golden-Esque wrote:For now, you could do a "From the Playground" like thread in the base d20 forums. I think the subforums can moderate themselves for a compendium (I know I can in the Scrolls of Reshar ^_^).

That sort of thing take soooooo much maintenance though. I mean, I guess we could do a wiki listing or something.
Deliberately Limited Masterful Mastermind
Fax
Site Admin

Postby DragoonWraith » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:46 pm

Wiki might be better for community editing.
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
Site Admin

Postby NekoIncardine » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:43 pm

For d20r-related content, there is an extensions page already. That might be a good place to start.
NekoIncardine

Return to Site Questions and Suggestions