Competitor Games

We are the Competition

Everyone needs to read this thread.

All non-homebrew discussion goes here.

Everyone needs to read this thread.

Postby Draco Dei » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:36 pm

For a long while now I have had an idea. I have independent verification it is an idea that should be spread around. Unfortunately it is ALSO an idea that would be highly irresponsible (in the manner of going around randomly posting incomplete directions for making nitroglycerin) to post in a fully public manner. Was too nervous of getting the phrasing right to do this on GitP (yet), but this is so much more relaxed...

Long story short, if any of you are, or know of, anyone who falls into any of the following categories and is interested in D&D or other table-top RPGs, the person who falls into said category should contact me so I can explain the idea to them for them to do with as they wish (and it will be just as potentially useful to the 10th person I tell it to as to the first) :
Professional Counselor, Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, Pastoral Counselor, Psychologist, Psychiatrist

To the board in general: I swear on my professional ethics as a Mechanical Engineer (not the MOST relevant set of professional ethics, but it should count for something), and my pride and honor as a roleplayer that I am exercising forethought and altruism here.

To anyone from the above list who actually contacts me: Don't put any weight in a word I say, since I am not a psychological professional of any stripe. My words should stand or fall entirely on their own merits.
Draco Dei

Re: Everyone needs to read this thread.

Postby DragoonWraith » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:57 pm

I don't fit in that list, so I suppose I won't e-mail you (though I have a guess as to the nature of this idea), but I am going to move this to the General section since this is not actually homebrew.
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
Site Admin

Postby Draco Dei » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:28 pm

I considered putting it there to begin with, but decided that since executing the idea would require a small amount of homebrewing on the part of whoever picks it up (if anybody), that Homebrew was appropriate. I very well may have erred, especially since, unlike GitP, this board is probably going to be 99% homebrewers/active homebrew seekers. I leave it to your discretion, but thought a modicum of explanation might be in order.
Draco Dei

Postby DragoonWraith » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:03 pm

Fair enough; you didn't mention that whoever responds would be needing to homebrew, but really I think here is probably the better place - like you say, pretty much everyone here is a homebrewer, as that's the main thrust of these forums.
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion